Knowledge is power ,
sharing knowledge is powerful
1) Respond to each of the following situations:
1. Your classmate asks your opinion about The Prisoner of Zenda.
2. You see a blind woman trying to cross the street. Offer to help her.
3. A taxi driver is using his mobile phone while driving. Warn him.
4. Your friend, who complained about the difficulty of the exam, got high
marks. Express surprise.
2) Mention the place, the speakers and the language function of each
of the following two mini-dialogues:
1. A: I need to get in shape. Place: …….….
B: Here are our exercise training programmes. Speaker A: ….
Choose whatever you like. Speaker B: ….
2. A: Excuse me, the computer is not responding. Place: …….….
It is not sending the e-mail I’ve written. Speaker A: ….
Can I use another one? Speaker B: ….
B: OK, go ahead. Function: ……